By Hanifa Yip, RHN
If you want that healthy glow, look no further. Here are 10 tips on how to get radiant:
- Love what you do, and do what you love! Nothing says radiance than joy and happiness. Take some time to invest in your passions and follow your dreams.
- Drink water. How much you ask? Your bodyweight divided by 2 in ounces. For example, if you weigh 120 lbs. divide that by 2, and you will get 60 lbs. Now take 60 divide by 8 (1 cup = 8 ounces). That would be 7.5 cups of water a day!
- Walk away from people who deliberately put you down. Nothing will dull your glow more than negativity and unsupportive people. Walking away is the best the thing you can do for glow and confidence.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables with many colors. Chock full of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, vegetables will give your skin plenty of radiance.
- Avoid sugar, deep fried foods, and processed foods. You probably already know that these foods create inflammation, which causes your face and body to look puffy.
- Exercise moderately – exercise will get circulation going and tone your muscles, but too much of a good thing can make you look tired and depleted.
- Manage stress – Nothing creates illness more than stress. Make sure that you’ve planned enough time for rest along with work.
- Sleep – this is when the body repairs. Lack of sleep can cause hormonal disruption, not to mention that you’ll be dragging yourself around with a tired, listless energy.
- Laugh – laughter really is the best form of medicine. Do you take time to watch funny video clips or socialize with people who make you laugh?
- Ask yourself ‘what refreshes you?’ – it could be a bubble bath, a walk by the lake, or listening to your favourite playlist. Whatever energizes you, do it more often!
Hanifa Yip is a certified exercise professional with over 20 years of fitness teaching experience. She is also a registered holistic nutritionist and is the author of Healthy with Hanifa: A Woman’s Guide to Holistic Health and Fitness, which is now available on Amazon and Indigo. www.healthywithhanifa.ca