By Bianca Rainey, Well By Bee
Who doesn’t love bread, sweet bread, corn bread, dessert bread- gimme all of it. How about vegetable bread? Ya this is going down today and it’s SO much better than it sounds. I mean if you are obsessed with vegetables this might sound like your dream bread but if not it might sound kinds weird?
Let me tell you this bread is BOMB it has your fix of veggies but you CAN’T even taste it. So if you’ve got picky eaters or need a reason to get your vegetables in for the day, I’ve got you covered!! The zucchini packs your punch of vegetables while the lemon adds the perfect tang, this is a unique tasting bread that can be eaten as a savoury snack or topped with coconut yogurt and berries for a delicious breakfast/dessert! And its refined sugar free, and dairy free!
How to: Zucchini Lemon Bread (Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- 1.5 cups shredded zucchini (1 zucchini)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Fresh lemon juice from one lemon
- Zest of whole lemon
- 2 stevia packets
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1.5 spelt flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Line a bread pan with spray on coconut oil (or melted coconut oil).
- Shred zucchini using a cheese grater (1.5 cups is about 1 zucchini).
- Wrap the shredded zucchini in paper towel and squeeze into a bowl to drain the access water.
- Mix all the liquids together in a mixing bowl (incl zucchini & lemon zest).
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients separately and then combine, adding liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Place bread pan into oven and cook for 35 mins or until a toothpick pokes through the dough and comes out dry.
This bread can be made gluten free sub spelt flour for rice, amaranth or quinoa flour. It can be made vegan, sub egg for flax egg. You can also really play around with the sweetener, I decide to go light on the sweetener and make it refined sugar free. You can also add no sugar at all. If you would like to add more sweetness, use up to 1/3-1/2 cup of honey, bananas, dates, stevia, maple syrup, monkfruit etc. If you decide to use a solid sweetener, you might want to increase the other liquids a bit.
If you are intrigued by this recipe please share it with a friend, and if you try it please let me know I would love to see 🙂
I am a total wellness junkie, fitness lover, and nut butter addict who decided it was time to share my love and knowledge of all things health- and that’s how Well by Bee came along!