By Dr. Joël, ND
Power Energy Bowl
- 2 cups *buckwheat noodles, cooked (or 4 cups cauliflower for cauliflower rice, a grain free option)
- 1-15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup each: sweet potatoes, cubed and broccoli, bite size florets, steamed.
- 1 cup each: red cabbage and kale, sliced finely
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup vegetable stock (low sodium and gluten free)
- ¼ cup tahini, raw
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp. maple syrup, pure ( grade B)
- 1 tsp. each: garlic & ginger, minced
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 chili pepper, sliced (optional) Garnish with sprouts, dulse, black sesame seeds and lemon, if desired.
- Prepare noodles according to manufacturer directions. OR add cauliflower to a food processer and pulse until it resembles rice. Add to serving bowls.
- Divide each ingredient into quarters and top noodles with black beans, sweet potatoes, broccoli, red cabbage, kale, and peppers.
- Whisk together vegetable stock, tahini, lime juice, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and chili in a small bowl. Drizzle over toppings and garnish.
Power Foods 101 is written by Dr. Joël, ND. In this book Naturopathic Dr. Joël shares her knowledge gathered from her over 25 years in practice at her clinic Revivelife™; teaching at the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation (ORCF) training with world leaders in their field.
Power Foods 101 is in support of the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. For more info visit www.powerfoods101.com