By Sari Huhtala
For the time-challenged individual, this grab and go breakfast, which can be eaten straight from the jar, takes away the stress of having to make a morning meal. Simply prepare the breakfast bowl the night before, adding in all of your favourite flavours, and presto! Breakfast on the run at your fingertips. If you are traveling, and have no means of refrigerating it, make it upon rising and enjoy a couple of hours later.
Adding flavourful spices like cardamom adds a fresh twist to this breakfast bowl and is ever so tasty.
In a two cup mason jar add:
- Enough nut milk (cashew milk is a yummy choice) to fill the jar about ¾ full
- About 3/4 cup of uncooked oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- This is your breakfast bowl base to work with. Then, to spice it up add any of the following:
- Dates, raisins, dried figs or apricots to naturally sweeten
- Cinnamon, cardamom, cloves
- Add apple chunks, peaches, pears or berries before serving.
- Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons or ground flax for extra fibre and nutrition before serving.
- Add extra nut milk if it’s too thick.
Stores in refrigerator up to three days.