Time-saver tomato feta dinner
By Sari Huhtala
A few simple ingredients tossed together in the oven really can create a party in your mouth. A surplus of tomatoes this summer was a great reason for me to experiment with this fast and easy feta pasta dish that nabbed the attention of tastebuds globally through social media, and was the brainchild of a Finnish food blogger in 2019. Here’s my variation.
Tomato feta pasta
- Enough cherry tomatoes to line the bottom of an 8X8 inch pan
- About ¼ cup of olive oil, plus extra to drizzle to coat the bottom of the pan
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
- About 1/2 pound of feta
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Pasta (Gluten-free brown rice rotini or penne is perfect for this dish)
Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of oven-proof dish. Place the chunk of feta in the middle of the pan and line the bottom of the pan with whole cherry tomatoes, or use chunks of fresh tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are the best option for this pasta dish. Sprinkle garlic over the tomatoes, and basil, then drizzle rest of olive oil over the tomatoes. Coat the feta with the olive oil as well. Bake at 400 degrees F until tomatoes are bursting open and slightly golden. Cook pasta according to directions, then toss into cooked tomato and feta for a delightfully easy dinner.