By Dr. Joël, ND
- ½ cup each: oatmeal (gluten free) and quinoa flakes
- ½ cup hemp seeds, divided
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, raw (soaked overnight)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds, sprouted
- ¼ cup+ maple syrup, pure (grade B)
- ½ cup pumpkin seed butter, raw (or other seed/nut butter)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, pure
- Combine dry ingredients: oatmeal, quinoa, ¼ cup of the hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and cinnamon into a medium bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients: maple syrup, pumpkin seed butter, and vanilla into a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Using a tablespoon, scoop out and shape into round balls. Roll in remaining hemp seeds to coat. Store in an airtight parchment lined container in the refrigerator for up to one week or 1 month in the freezer and enjoy.
Power Foods 101 is written by Dr. Joël, ND. In this book Naturopathic Dr. Joël shares her knowledge gathered from her over 25 years in practice at her clinic Revivelife™; teaching at the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation (ORCF) training with world leaders in their field. Power Foods 101 is in support of the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. For more info visit www.powerfoods101.com