By Dr. Joël, ND
Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup *buckwheat groats, raw
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 cup fruit of your choice
- ½ cup nuts or seeds of your choice (soaked overnight)
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- Rinse the buckwheat in hot water.
- Add water, buckwheat, sea salt, cinnamon sticks and vanilla stick to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil with medium-high heat. Once the boiling point is reached turn the heat down to low for 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Turn off and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and vanilla stick and serve with fresh fruits, dried fruit and almond milk.
Power Foods 101 is written by Dr. Joël, ND. In this book Naturopathic Dr. Joël shares her knowledge gathered from her over 25 years in practice at her clinic Revivelife™; teaching at the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation (ORCF) training with world leaders in their field.
Power Foods 101 is in support of the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. For more info visit www.powerfoods101.com]]>